Thursday, April 7, 2016

Love the World... Hug the World!


Last week we did an activity about the world. I thought it was a great way in engaging the class to learn for the day. Dr. Smirnova brought in a soft world that we passed around. Each person that held the world, hugged in first and then told one way that they would work on helping
save our world when we are a teacher. It was great to here so many interesting ideas. I personally would encourage recycling in my own classroom and limit the use of papers and worksheets. With the help of learning so much technology in both of Dr. Smirnova's classes this should be simple right? Maybe not... When trying to help our environment we need to go past the normal recycling. We need to step up and do what is right in order to help this place that we all call home. I mean, why destroy where we live? In reality, most people do not realize how much damage they are really doing to our environment. As a future teacher I want to bring not only my student, but families and community into help clean up our world. If I can inspire students maybe they will inspire their parents and this could become a chain reaction. I can't make everyone help but anything is better than nothing. Their is so much world pollution and
doing this exercise  helped my learn of new ways that I can help out. It inspired and intrigued me for changes in my life. This spring I am looking forward to planting my own garden and I want to help pick up garbage in my community. I also want to teach others that with a few simple changes, they can actually be a big help! Technology can be helpful especially in the classroom because it can greatly reduce the amount of trees being cut down. If everyone went one year without using paper for projects and homework and notes and resorted to technological ways I am sure we would save billion upon billions of trees! I also would love to bring my students outside to pick up local garbage and show them how

great it can feel to make a difference. If they learn when they are younger, it will really help them as they grow to be more conscious of the ways that they might be causing pollution. Pollution is no laughing matter! It is costing environmental changes, death of animals and a dirty community.
Let's change that!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment