Saturday, May 14, 2016

Because In the end... It was all worth it

I can't believe that this semester is actually over! I am so thankful for the wonderful people I met in this class, the abundance of information I learned and the final outcome of this year. I must admit that this really was a tough semester. Taking three methods classes, a full schedule and working at the same time definitely took a toll on me! But as one of my favorite quotes states, it might not be easy, but it will be worth it. There were countless nights that I had no sleep, and many weekends spent doing homework, projects or lesson plans. I cried on my first day of classes on my way home in fear of this semester. I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it... but I'm here.. I'm alive... I have maintained an A in all my classes so far and... I DID IT! Life is hardly every easy, so you have to buckle up, get ready, hit the pedal to the floor and aim for the finish line. I am proud of how hard I have worked in this class. I have been determined and with a lot of effort I was able to get through it all. I can honestly say that I learned so much from this class. I can't believe how far I have come over the semester.
 
The first day of class, I was not completely sold on the fact of learning technology. I am a big supporter of having students do hands-on activities and being outside instead of playing with technological devices. However, I have realized that this is the new generation, and there is no way that I can possibly reverse it. I have learned how both of these sides can be used in order to create an engaging classroom. Student's need both of these sides for their own learning. They need time to experience things in real-life and have a kinesthetic approach, however technology can be helpful in involving the students directly in their learning. There were so many different websites and sources I learned about that I am actually very excited to use in my future classroom!
 The one thing I was most nervous about in this class, was teaching in front of two classes, not just the 2nd grade class but also our class too! I was beyond scared at first, but as the time approached I overcame my fear. I have worked with children since I was 14 years old. I spend more time with children then I do with anyone else and it is honestly my passion. I came to the realization, that I shouldn't be nervous to teach children... I am around them all the time. The children I am teaching are just like the children I babysit every single day. When I got up in front of the class, my whole class of students disappeared, the observing teacher disappeared, and I felt like I was finally where I belonged. Nothing has prepared me more than that experience did. I truly believe that every student should have this experience because it helped me so much and I am forever thankful for it.
 
I am sad for this class to be over, because as the time continued I began to enjoy it more and more. I made so many great friends that will someday be amazing teachers and I had a great teacher that has motivated us all to work hard and pushed us to do our best. However, ever end is a new beginning. I am excited for my new journey. I have a new outlook on teaching now and am excited for my future experiences. This class was definitely a long journey, but the view at the end was the most rewarding. I am ready... and determined.
 
My Comments on Other Blogs:
Mallory Mennecci:
Rose Linehan:
Kim Rivera:
Erin Correa:
 


2 comments:

  1. Dear Kelly,
    I love your blog! It is very eye-catching, and exciting! First off, I'm so glad I met you this year, and had you to help me through both social studies methods and science methods! WE MADE IT! Which class did you like better? Although I enjoyed both courses, I think I enjoyed science because of the class size! You shouldn't be nervous about teacher after this course! You did great, and I can't wait to hear about all of the exciting things you do in the future! Good Luck!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Melissa!
    Thanks for the kind words! Yes we finally did it! I am so glad that we were in both classes together and have gotten to know each other so well! I agree in saying that I think I enjoyed science more. I like that our science class was smaller and more one-on-one. I always liked smaller class sizes because it lets you get to know each person more. I also have always loved science since I was younger so I enjoyed teaching it! You will do a great job teaching next year and in the future. Hope to see you soon!!
    xox
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete