Tuesday, February 2, 2016

First day of Fieldwork
 
Today was the first day of Fieldwork with the second graders at Bishop Dunn. We had the opportunity to work on some "get to know you" activities in small groups. For our activity with the students, we had them write their name and decorate a puzzle piece using pictures and words that explain characteristics about themselves. We will be connecting all the puzzle pieces to create a class flag for the children. I wish we had more time to complete these activities because the children really enjoyed it, but they were cut short due to time restrictions. It was interesting to learn about the various students in the classroom. Some completely opened up with the activity while others refused to draw anything on their puzzle piece. Other than that, everything went very well. It was our first day and I noticed more than ever how much I need to work on my classroom speech. I never realized how much I say "guys" now that I'm paying attention to it. Overall I am very excited to get to know the students even more. I have a really good group for fieldwork but I'm very nervous to teach in front of our class and in front of the second grade and all the teachers. I am not very shy but I get jittery when I am in front of the class talking and I shake which sometimes makes me even more nervous! Hopefully with all the experience I am getting with my Mount Saint Mary classes I will improve. I am very overwhelmed with all the work that my teachers are giving this semester. I am taking three methods classes as well as two history classes and I feel as if I am drowning in homework. As much as I try I can't seem to get ahead. I am just going to try my hardest. :)
I will be back to blog on Thursday!!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment