Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Virtual Classroom: A+

I will admit, I was very opposed to a virtual class. I have heard educators talk about teaching via Skype or virtually online. BUT!!! you should never knock something until you try it. Tuesday (February 16, 2016), due to the snow/ice conditions, Dr. Smirnova held class online. At first I thought I would hate it, but a few minutes into it I realized it was awesome. I was in the comfort of my own space. I was able to listen to class in comfort while eating my lunch! It can't get much better than that! Okay, there are some flaws to online class: connection problems, not everyone having a webcam/microphone and the full interaction you get when you go to class. Overall, I really enjoyed the virtual class, and for those students who missed class...shame on you, because you really missed out on a worthwhile experience and you missed valuable information from class.

I am so glad we went over the part of the lesson plans and also the types of instruction again, especially because my group will be teaching next week! I am nervous for our first lesson next Thursday but I am sure that we will be well prepared to teach and our whole lesson plan will come together.

Overall, I really enjoyed the online class! I have never use adobeconnect and I am glad I learned how to use it. It is a great tool to connect and talk with others even if they do not have a webcam or microphone because they can just write their comments and hear what others are saying.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment